In the event of a fire breaking out, and providing it is safe to do so, you should attempt to combat the fire with fire extinguishers. At Fire Action, we supply BSI kitemark-bearing fire extinguishers of all categories to ensure you’re fully-equipped to protect yourself against any type of fire.
Depending on the type of fire, they are sorted into classes.
- Class A – fires involving organic materials like paper and coal
- Class B – fires involving flammable liquids like petrol and paint
- Class C – fires involving flammable gases like butane and methane
- Class D – fires involving flammable metals like lithium and magnesium
- Class E – fires involving electrical equipment
- Class F – fires involving cooking oils
Learn more about the five classes of fire.
We supply six types of fire extinguisher
The fire extinguishers we supply include:
- CO2 extinguishers – used for Class B and E fires
- Water-based extinguishers – used for Class A fires
- Foam extinguishers – used for Class A and Class B fires
- Powder extinguishers – used for Class A, B, C, D and E fires
- Wet chemical extinguishers – used for Class A and Class F fires
- Automatic extinguishers
We also offer comprehensive and reliable maintenance and servicing, ensuring that your fire extinguishers are safe and ready to use at all times, as per your legal obligations. Our engineers are all registered to the BAFE SP101 Scheme, so they are fully qualified to maintain a huge range of fire safety equipment. As part of this scheme, we undergo regular audits to ensure we keep a consistently high standard of work, training and equipment – you can have complete faith in us.
For more information about our fire extinguisher services in Sidcup, Bromley, Kent and the surrounding areas, please get in touch with us today.