High up on the priority list of many businesses will be protecting a site from break-ins, fire incidents and intruders. Whether it’s installing fire alarms, intruder alarms, CCTV cameras or in-person guards, there are many ways to boost the security and safety of your commercial premises.
Another way of improving security and safety is through the use of remote monitoring services. In this article, we’ll explore what remote monitoring services are and how they can benefit your business.
What are remote monitoring services?
Simply put, remote monitoring services involve linking up your site’s security systems and fire alarm systems (cameras, alarms etc) to a remote control centre.
Professionals at this remote centre will monitor your systems 24/7, and act immediately if they spot any suspicious activity or fire incidents by alerting whoever you wish to the incident – this could be the keyholder, business owner, emergency services or anyone else.
Some systems even allow for audio communication within the building and the intruder for the purposes of deterrence. This real-time monitoring of your security and fire safety systems has lots of benefits for a modern-day business owner. Here at Fire Action, we offer monitoring for fire alarm and security systems with the majority of monitored systems being fire alarms.
What are the benefits of remote monitoring services?
- Real-time monitoring, 24/7: Most businesses are not manned 24/7. This means there simply will be times when they are left abandoned and therefore vulnerable to break-ins. Remote monitoring systems link up your security cameras and alarm systems to an external monitoring station, which is manned around the clock. This way, you can benefit from real-time monitoring from vigilant experts regardless of whether your site is empty.
- Responsive action: By far the biggest advantage of remote monitoring services is how quickly action can be taken once a fire event or a break-in is detected. Rapid response to an incident can make all the difference to the speed that culprits can be apprehended and building safety can be restored.
- Experienced personnel: Remote monitoring services are staffed by highly skilled security personnel. This means you benefit from an expert third party who knows what to do during an intruder or fire situation.
- Cost-effective: The price of on-site security guards is much greater than that of an integrated security system with remote monitoring. You’re still benefiting from the vigilance of qualified security professionals, but at a much more cost-effective price.
- Peace of mind: The above benefits combine together to give a business owner complete peace of mind that their premises are in safe, skilled hands, and that somebody always has an eye on the security and fire safety of their business. Overall, this provides a huge relief and allows you to focus on other areas of your business, knowing that your security and safety is completely covered.
Enhance your business’ security with help from Fire Action. We offer monitoring for fire alarm and security systems. We provide commercial security and fire safety solutions for companies across the South East. Whether you need intruder alarm systems, remote monitoring services or access control technology, we can advise on the best security measures for your business. Get in touch today.